The One with "Being Where My Feet Are"

FEBRUARY 8, 2017
These are family home evenings with some of my favorite families in our ward and also with a new convert that we have! His name is Christian and he was baptized

just a week before I came to the sector! He is a miracle and such a faithful member! He is one of the coolest people I have ever met!

HELLO EVERYONE!!! 

Okay so this week was a great one! Honestly never really had a bad one because I am just radiating with happiness! Buuuut this week was BAKAN! We did a lot of searching for people but also had some really powerful and uplifting moments with investigadores. We met on lady named Rosa and she was outside her house painting. I told Hermana Knechtel that we should go ask if she needed help. SHe told us no and turned her back to us as if she didn't want to talk. I thought... you are not getting away that easy... I walked around to where I could see her face and introduced myself. I am not sure what changed her mind but she opened right up and started talk to us. She is amazing and we have had a few lessons with her and really felt the Spirit. I saw the evidence in this moment of just having a smile on your face and being happy. She told us that she loved the energy we had and she was interested in why we were so happy. That lead into the perfect conversation about the Gospel. SHe is a great person and the sweetest! 

This week I had more than one blonde moment! The first one was when I decided i wanted avocado... I thought it would be a good idea to do so while talking to Knechtel and NOT watching what I was doing.... so I then felt the knife go right into my finger! It hurt sooo bad and I screamed. SO I have a nice big ole cut on my finger! It hurt so bad! Knechtel came in and was like "Cribbs I will help you, dont you worry." She began cutting the avacado and not even 3 minutes after I sliced my finger... Knechtel did the exact same thing!!! We were dying laughing and in a little bit of pain!! GOOD TIMES; GOOD TIMES! 

Also one day we had a conference and in the middle Knechtel and I got really thirsty and hugry. We had a 15 minute break in the middle and we decided we really needed a diet coke.. so there we were running to the nearest store, in our skirts, to buy a diet coke. We made it in time and were very happy. About 3 days later we went to visit a member and they told us they saw us running in the street with our diet cokes!! HHAHAHA it was so funny! So now we are the 2 blonde missionaries who need their diet coke!! So funny!! 

This week I was really seeing the difference and blessings of learning to be where my feet are! It is so important to be 100% focused on the person we are talking to at that moment and not on the next appointment, or other investigators, or if we are going to be late... but on that one thing in that moment and just zoning in. WHat a difference! I am learning here that it is vital to just live in the moment and focus on the present. Do not dwell on the past or look to far into the future, but to just live in the moment and be where your feet are. It makes life so much easier and better. Time is flying by here and I am quickly seeing that I need to enjoy every single second! I am loving the mission and being a representative of Jesus Christ. It is the est calling that I could have.

So I am loving my companion Kermana Knechtel. I don't think we go longer than 5 minutes without laughing! We are always finding ways to make the day just a little better and a little sweeter! She goes to BYU but I sill love her! She has a special place in my heart forever and always! 

I hope all is well at home and everyone is reading scriptures and saying prayers daily! I love you all so much!! 

 Work Hard, Pray Harder!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One with Being Bold! 11-8-17

The One with Accepting God´s Will 10/18/17