The One with the Trial of Faith! 11-1-17

NOVEMBER 1, 2017

Add caption

Hey Friends and Family how is everyone doing? I am doing great here in the great Chile Santiago South Mission. This week was a good week because it was a hard week, we all need those from  time to time! It was a week full of appointments falling through, walking the ENTIRE day, having to help some of the Hermanas with problems, and not having much luck finding new people to teach. It was a week that made my companion and I work and really work. It seemed to be a trial after another and every time we felt too weak to overcome them. A week like this really made me dive into the scriptures for guidance and help, and I ended up reading Ether 12. Best chapter on faith in the Book Of Mormon! I especially love a few words throughout the chapter which reads

"wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith...... And neither at any time hath any wrought miracles until after their faith; wherefore they first believed in the Son of God."
I love these words found in Ether, they are so true and this week I lived these words. It is true that many time we begin to complain or become upset because we dont see miracles or what we really want, but did we really have the faith? We need to have the faith and we need to remember that it is not our time, it is the Lord´s and the miracles will come when He wants them to! Then if we have the faith that we need, we will see miracles! It all starts with the faith in the Lord Jesus Christ! This week my comp and I put our trust in the Lord like never before and we worked like never before. We did our part, we were obedient, we prayed and studied, we planned and did everything right... and guess what... nothing changed! The week was still so hard and we didn't really see the miracles that we were waiting for! WOW! ROUGH! But, I learned something, that we must always have faith, even when it doesn't go the way we want it to! Sometimes I think we have faith and then when it dont see miracles, we loose the faith! Well this week I learned, this cannot happen. Yes, it didnt go the way I planned and NO we didnt have huge success like we wanted, but MY FAITH REMAINS! I am now stronger than I was because I know I can get over this hill and still be happy! Even during the time of trials and difficulties I am smiling and loving the work of the Lord. It is not easy but it is soooo worth it! NOTHING WORTHWHILE IS EASY! And with all of this, I feel stronger and have more faith and hope to find miracles everyday! This brings me to the famous Ether 12:27   

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

 I know that through our faith in the Lord we will be strengthened and be able to overcome all things! It is all about having the faith.... ALWAYS even when things dont go our way! I hope we can all be strengthened by faith and always have trust in the Lord! I love you all so much! See you nest week! 

WORK HARD PRAY HARDER! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One with Being Bold! 11-8-17

The One with Accepting God´s Will 10/18/17

The One with "Being Where My Feet Are"