The One with Accepting God´s Will 10/18/17

OCTOBER 18, 2017


Hello family and friends! I hope all is well and that you all had a great week and that everyone is getting ready for Halloween! This week here in Chile was a little crazy but full of learning and growing opportunities. To start out  the week we got a call from our Bishop at 6 in the morning informing us of the saddest news. A recent convert in our ward that we have been teaching lost her husband this week from a brain aneurysm. It was a rapid and uncontrollable loss.  This family has had more trials that anyone I have ever met. They have a one year old baby who had a tumor on the back on her neck and head that was the same size as her head. Part of her brain was inside of this ball, so the surges were sooo hard to do! The first one was to just split her skull open to make room, then another operation to push her brain inside her head, then had another emergency one because the blood wasnt flowing right. THe baby had a 2% chance of living... and did! She still hasnt opened her eyes though and is in a lot of pain. The baby had a surgery the day after her dad died. His name is Juan Carlos, and he was working 2 full time jobs to pay for all the baby´s bills. Now he passed away and the recent convert is all alone with her baby in the hospital and she can only visit her 2 hours a day! MY heart is heavy this week! This family was planning on going to the temple to be sealed in this coming year and they were progressing so much in this Gospel too, and I have seen this families live just fall apart. I have never been more grateful for what I have in my life. When I heard about  what happened to Juancarlos, the first thing I thought was "Heavenly Father, why them? Out of all the families why another triel for them?" I also had a little bit of anger in my heart. Then I felt prideful and knelt down to say a prayer asking for forgiveness. I learned ion this very moment, more than nay other moment in my life, that WE MUST TRUST GOD´S PLAN! It is HIS time, HIS will, and HIS way! Not ours at all! This week was full of learing to let my will go and jsut accept His. This may be one of the hardest but most important things we need to learn to do here on the earth. Life may never be what we want it to be, and we may not understand, but it will always be whant God wants it to be. We just need to trust and have faith that it is for the better! I will never understand why HEavenly Father took Juancarlos away in the middle of a family crisis. But we dont need to understand why sometimes. We just need to have trust. One we do this and accept His ways, the peace comes! 


I have seen this change that for me it is all about accepting His will, meaning doing His will! The word accepting is not to say "okay I am okay with it now" because we may not ever be okay with it, no, it means that we stop trying to change things that we cannot control and we give them to God. LET GO AND LET GOD! Then, we do the very best we can to try and be happy and do the best we can in the things that we can control. We cannot control others, only ourselves and our choices. SO CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY! CHOOSE TO DO WHATS WRITE! CHOOSE TO SERVE OTHERS! AND CHOOSE TO TRUST GOD! I promise this is the way that God wants us to live our lives. 


So this week was a great week in the work of a missionary. We found a lot of people to teach and we were working hard everyday to make a difference in their lives! We did more service this week, and today for Pday we went to a huge park and played Football! It was so much fun and only made people fall twice, so it was a good day! I will send some pics! 

I hope all is well and everyone is happy! Keep doing your part and God will do His! 

Love you all!! 

Work Hard, Pray Harder! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One with Being Bold! 11-8-17

The One with "Being Where My Feet Are"