The One with the SNOW DAY!!! 7/19/17



JULY 19, 2017
Hello everyone! How is everything going this summer in the heat?? I heard that it is like boiling in Las Vegas with a huge heat wave! Well here in Chile the WEATHER IS CRAZY!!! We are freezing one day and the next it is warm and with a lot of sun! But one day this week it actaully snowed!!!!! It is the first time that it has snowed in Santiago in over 40 years!!! It was great!!!!! The people were jsut stunned and didnt know what to do with themselves! It was soo funny! They looked at us and they aksed us if it is like this in our house... I am from Vegas and Hermana Rand is from Arizona so we were both like... Nope! LOL! It was pretty awesome though!
The work is going great!  We are always working to find new people to teach! We actually had a funny story happen to use last night! So on Monday I was on divisions with a Sister and I was leading my sector for the first time after only being here for 2 weeks. I was a little nervous and very very lost. But it is all good because the Sister I was with was very patient with me hehehe! Well I decided it would be a good idea to call a recent convert and see if we could go and visit her. I looked up her name in the phone, but an old lady answered! I got all nervous because i realized that I called the wrong Ximena! So I told the kind old lady that we would stop by for her the next night nto visit her! She was soo excited that we were going to visit her. So the next day I am with my companion Hermana Rand and I tell her the whole story and asked her if she knew where this old lady Kimena lived. She first laughed at me and then said no! So we eneded up calling Hermana Ximena back and asking her where she lives. SHe told us the direction and we were off on our way to her house! As time passed and we were walking and walking and walking we noticed that the numbers were not going up very fast! Her house number is 1162 and we were at 500. We were nervous if we would make it because our sector ended in like 2 streets! We ended up walking all the way to the end of the sector and never made it to 1162! So then we were like maybe it is at the other end. We walked ALL THE WAY back to the other end and still never found 1162! We decided to call the hermana and ask her again where she lived! She explained it to Hermana Rand this time and as she was explaining it more and more, we were like that sounds really far away! We then asked her which ward she is in and she said Chena! We are the ward San Bernardo!!! I totally called another Hermana from a different ward and set up an appointment with her!!! Oh my gosh! She was sooo happy too because there hasnt been sister missinaries there in like 2 years and she thought we had returned! SHe was soooo sad when we told her that we were mistaken! I felt so bad for the little old lady Ximena! My bad!! So it was really funny in the end! Just a really blonde thing I did! LOL oops!! 

But yeah, as you can all see I am still the same Chambray as before! LOL But I am changing every single day and I love it because it is all for the better! I miss you all so much and hope life is great! Love you all!! 

Work Hard, Pray Harder! 


Sent to us a little while later the same day....

okay so we were getting into the bus to go home and i had my like wallet  my pockets of my jacket and as we were getting into the bus and i was getting on and then like three men came right behind me fast and pushed me!!!! then they pulled me back but it was all so so so fast and very strong!!! I didnt know wat the heck happened!! After a while i got into my pockets and EVERYTHING WAS GONE!!! They stoll al of my money and also my credit cards!!!!! I need you to make sure it i canceled for me!!! BUT when i was having problems and i called the bank they said they canceled it bc they sent me another one to utah but it was never received (bc i am here in chile and not in utah). so they canceled my card they told me!! But can you make sure for me????


i am ok!! very startled and kinda scared but all is well. 

respond to let me know you got this, i have presidents permission to be emailing right now



Hermana Cribbs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One with Being Bold! 11-8-17

The One with Accepting God´s Will 10/18/17

The One with "Being Where My Feet Are"