The One with Rogelio´s Baptism!


 OCTOBER 11, 2017
Hello everyone! Happy October! A month of Halloween and the best weather in Vegas in during the fall, I hope all is well with work and school and all the crazy events in life! I heard about the tragedy on the strip and all the families of those who have passed away or been realLy injured are in my prayers and heart. I invite everyone to read the scriptures about the Plan of Salvation and I suggest reading     2Nephi 9 or Alma 40! They are centered on the Plan that God has for all of us and how there is life, a much better one, after this life. Families are forever through the Atonement of Christ and His perfect love for us! I know this to be true and it is the one comfort I have in times of despair, or sadness. He will always give us the love and peace that we need, we just need to ask for it and then listen!
Well this week here in Chile has been amazing!!! OUR INVESTIGATOR ROGELIO WAS BAPTIZED! It was the most amazing experience this Saturday filled with just the happiest of happiness and filled with the Spirit!  It is always the most stressful time, but the best time when we are preparing for a baptism. The baptism was at 11 in the morning on Saturday so we had to go to the church Friday night to clean. Well usually it takes about one hour to clean the fount and then the rest of the church. Well, it was a little hard because there was a wedding going on at the same time as we were cleaning the fount, poor things we were like making all this noise during their nice reception! Just 4 missionaries making noises and cleaning the fount during their special night.. oops! But, not too sorry because we were getting ready for the special day of Rogelio. Well, for us to clean the fount ended up taking 4 hours!! THE PUMP TO LET THE WATER OUT BROKE! It was broken when we got there and we didnt know. The water wouldn't go down and it would just sit there in the fount. It was soo nasty and the water was green, so we were like NO WAY! We did all we could to clean the fount, including scooping the nasty water out with cups for one hour! HAHA it was all we could do and the elders also came to help us out. We finally finished at 11 at night but it was worth it and clean for the baptism! 
The Baptism was soo amazing and Rogelio is the biggest Miracle in my mission. I have NEVER met anyone so prepared or easy to teach. He has accepted the Gospel easier and faster than anyone I have ever met! He shared his testimony and cried. He told us that he knew he needed to listen to our message since the first time we knocked on his door. He shared about how his new and strong belief in Christ has changed his life and only for the better. I was a mess and tears were flooding down my face as I listened to him speak. I sat on the bench and just though to myself, "yup this is why I am here". I am here in Chile to see this great change in people´s lives and to help them along the path. What a special, huge, and important purpose I have as a missionary! What an honor to be wearing my plaque and have Jesus Christ´s name on my chest. 
Rogelio is my Chilean Grandpa and I love him so much! I cannot even imagine the pure love the Heavenly Father has for him. I know the Heavens were celbrating as a new alma was brought to the Kingdom of God. Next step, Temple! I know Rogelio will make it there someday and have the fullest joy. Today he actually called me just to ask me what the next class number is for Sunday so that he could study up on it before Sunday! He is perfect! the real golden investigador we are all looking for! I am so grateful for him!! 

I love the mission so much! My heart is so happy!  Our President always talks about how missionaries can really reach a Celestial Happiness. Well, this weekend, I was there. My heart is at a Celestial level of Happiness when I am serving the beloved people of Chile and bringing them the Restored and TRUE Gospel! 

That was this week!! Always Work Hard, Pray Harder!! 

Also as the Hermana Leader I do divisions and we have to ride bikes in the other sectors so here is some pics with one of my cuter Hermanas, Hermana White with the bikes! 
 ​​
I love you all so much!

Hermana Cribbs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One with Being Bold! 11-8-17

The One with Accepting God´s Will 10/18/17

The One with "Being Where My Feet Are"