The One with all the Rain!

OCTOBER 19, 2016
Hola my dear friends and family. I hope all is well with everyone and everyone is happy. I am doing GREAT!! I mean, when am i not? I am serving the Lord and get to talk to people about the Beautiful Gospel of Jesus Christ. So this week was the weirdest weather. It was sooo hot like it had been and then one day it just poured and was freezing. It has been this way for the rest of the week. I don't mind because now I get to wear my cute rain boots I have! Also, i rather it be cold than hot because it is SOOOOO hot. the sun here is very powerful and just burns my skin. Also, because the sun is so powerful, my hair is more blond here in Chile than ever before. It is like white at the roots and just bright bright blonde! It is weird but oh well. I get looked at all the time and people come up to me just to touch my hair and ask me where I buy my hair dye. I simply respond ¨The sun is my hair dye.....¨ they usually aren't too amused or they dont understand my joke... nothing much has changed since I came on hte mission with my humore. People obviously dont think i am funny in Spanish either... its ok because I make myself laugh.. lol. So yeah, my hair is changing but the even cooler thing is that I AM CHANGING!!

                        
I see the world in a whole new light. It is weird talking with other missonaries and when they ask me what I like to do for fun and I reply, Ï love just reading the Liahona while drinking my hot tea in the mornings¨ I love it! I know I am a full blown missionary when what I think is the funnest thing in the world are things like writing in my journal about my day, reading my scriptures, reading the Liahona, or simply sharing my testimony of the Book of Mormon. It brings a smile to my face to see that I am changing, and I think it is the best change there could be. My life really and truly is centered on my Savior Jesus Christ, always! 

 We are the largest groups of Hermanas this mission has ever had at one.  

 Then the others are today at the temple with my district!
So this week we had 3 investigadores come with us to Church. The sacrament meeting was really powerful and I hope touched their sweet little hearts and felt the Spirit. It was cool to see one of our investigadores ask a lot of questions in one of our classes. She asked all about the Sacrament and why it is important. We taught her all about it and she understood the importance in the end. The Santa Cena is so important, in fact the most important action we do in our week. We need the Santa Cena cada semana to feel the Holy Ghost and to renew our convenios with our Heavenly Father. It was awesome to see three people feel of that Holy Ghost at Church on Sunday! 

I cant remember if I have told you all about Rosa. She is an investigadora who is just darling. She always keeps her compromisos and has so much faith. We met her through a contact. One day we had some extra time and so we decided to contact a street while we waited for our next lesson. Hermana Ruiz asked me where I wanted to contact and I felt the biggest impression that we needed to contact on La Granja. So we did and the first house we contacted was Rosa´s. She was actually outside cleaning and we ended up talking with her for a long time. She was engaged and very interested. When we returned to the house of Rosa, we taught here the plan of Salvation and later the Restoration. We gave her a BOM and asked her to read it and shared our strong testimonies of the book. It was so powerful and just spiritual! We are waiting for this coming week to meet with her again but I saw a little miracle and the importance of always following the Spirit. The Spirit told me that we needed to contact on the street La Granja. If i didnt listen, we never would have met the beautiful Rosa. She was one of the Investigadores who came to Church with us on Sunday. It is vital that we are always living correctly to hear the promptings of the Spirit. ANd then, if we have faith, we need to act on the prompting right away. Do not wait and try to think about and let your brain get in the way. Act on is right then and there. This is something I am continually learning and seeing here in Chile!
 So today we went to the temple! The temple here in Chile is so sacred to me and just special. I love it so much and going to the Temple is one of the greatest blessings we have in our lives. I really wish I went more before the mission and took advantage of how close it was to my house. The temple is literally Heaven on the Earth. I encourage everyone to go as often as they can and make the most of the Temple. It truly is marvelous. After the temple we went to eat at Taco Bell and then hurried home to take an hour nap. It was awesome and sooo needed. Anyway today was a great Pday but I am ready to get back to work and find more people who need to hear of the Gospel´s truth. 

I hope all is well and your families are well. I keep you all in my heart and in my prayers. Remember always that you are a daughter of God and that he loves you. He knows you better than you know yourself, inside and out. Confide in Him and He will lead you, guide you, and walk beside you, I love you all so much!! 

Until next week,   
Hermana Cribbs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One with Being Bold! 11-8-17

The One with Accepting God´s Will 10/18/17

The One with "Being Where My Feet Are"