The One with the Blessings here in El Parron!

 NOVEMBER 9, 2016

This week was AMAZING!!! We really are starting to see the fruits of our labors here in this ward. This week we did A LOT of contacting and searching for new people to teach. We dropped nearly all of our investigadores because we didnt have any progressing. It was sad but we knew that we could be spending out time better. This week we made it a goal to invite everyone to church. On Sunday we had 5 people come to church!! There were both inv and menos activos. It was a mini miracle! I know that god answers and listens to our prayers (2 Nephi 32:8-9). It was such a great Sunday and was a day of happiness. Also on that same day we had so many new investigadores and talked with so many people on the street. It was a day full of smiles and the Spirit. We have been fasting and praying to see some success in this ward and our sector and we are really starting to see it! I shared my testimony in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday about the Libro de Mormon. I honestly LOVE the LDM and now it changes lives. If you arent reading it every day, I strongly encourage you to do so. I know it will lift your spirits and change your life. 
This week we had interviews with the President and Hermana Gwilliam. It was nice to meet with them one on one and just talk about my feelings here in the mission. I told them that I never want to leave and that I want to be a missionary forever. They smiled and laughed a bit and just said that my mom might get mad at them if they let that happen. :) It was pretty funny!
So about a week ago we made a contact with a man named Michaud. He was walking on the street and I looked at my companion and told her I wanted to talk to him. She agreed and we crossed the street to talk to him. HE was very enthusiastic and liked our positive attitude. We gave him a folleto and took down his information. On Monday of this week we got a call from him. He told us that he read the folleto and wanted to meet with us right away. We were off to visit him that day. While we were there, he had a friend named Celio. HE seemed interested and so we asked him if he wanted to hear the message too. He said yes and we began teaching them Lesson 3 about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The lesson was so powerful and they really were interested. They had many questions and comments throughout the entire lesson. In the end we committed them BOTH to baptism!!! It was a miracle! We have been praying so fervently and fasting to find someone and be able to invite them to the waters of baptism. Our prayers were answered and it was doubled! We have 2! It was an answer and gift from our Heavenly Father for sure. I saw the light of Christ in their eyes as we were teaching them and it was brighter than the sun. The mission really is the best thing in the world. To see the light of Christ in others is the most beautiful sight of all. I know that God will always answer us. At times it is not right away and it takes time. Sometimes we need to work hard, learn patience, and keep pressing forward. I am learning all of these things here in Chile more than ever before.
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is real! HE loves us individually and has a plan for each one of us. HE is loving and kind. God is our Father and we are all his Children. Being in the mission and helping other children come unto Him and Jesus Christ is the only thing I want to be doing right now. It is marvelous. 

So we have a new rule in the mission that we cant leave the mission for Pday. Our mission is the 2nd smallest in the world and it only takes like 20 minutes in a car to travel from point A to point B. So every pday we are just gonna eat food and play sports I guess. We got shirts in our Zone and today watched Lion King and had a waterballoon fight. It was pretty fun, but nothing is more fun that teaching the Gospel so I am ready for tomorrow. 

I love you all so much! Keep praying and never loose faith! 

Until next week, 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One with Accepting God´s Will 10/18/17

The One with Being Bold! 11-8-17

The One with "Being Where My Feet Are"