The One with the NEW Sector and the NEW Companion!


JANUARY 18, 2017
 Hello Friends and Family! 

Yup I have been sent to a new sector of the mission and yet again have a new companion. it was one of the hardest things to leave all the amazing people in El Parron. I cried the most when I said goodbye to my Catalina. That girl has a part of my heart forever and ever. I have been in that ward for the entire time Ive been in Chile, nearly 6 months so it was hard to say goodbye. 

I have been sent to a wonderful ward called Brisas Del Maipo. It is the best! It is very different than my first ward because of many things. One, it is huge wit many members, two it is the ¨golden ward¨ with so much support of the members and everything, and three the people in the sector in general are kind. In El Parron, the people in the streets were not the nicest but in Brisas, yes! I love it! Here is my new companion today for Pday when we played with water balloons because ITS SO HOT!

The best part about my change was that I am still living in the same house! All I had to do is change my room. I have lived with the Sisters of Brisas these past 2 months! So changes were literally so easy! BUT that isnt even the best part! The best part is my sweet new companion HERMANA KNECHTEL!!! She is from Colorado and blonde and has blue eyes...... we are in trouble living here in Santiago Chile! But it is sooo fun and exciting! She is my first gringa companion so it should be different but really fun! the best part is that I have lived with her my entire mission! She was in El Parron at one point with me and then came to Brisas. So we have lived together for 6 months! We are already great friends! She has the same time in the mission as me so we were in CCM together and came here together! We are gonna have a lot of fun... and get so much crap form the members because not only are we both gringa, but blondes hair blue eyed. LOL. Im ready.. bring it on!  

I am still doing great here in Chile. It is so hot and I am dying of heat. we are always sweating and just burnt all the time, real cute I know. But it is ok because we are not out in the heat and sun all day for nothing, we are here serving our Lord and our fellow brothers and sisters. I have really learned the true meaning of service while being here. It is hot just doing the action of helping people, but serving them because you really love them. It is helping them because you see them the way that Heavenly Father sees them, as a child of God. I love offering service and as a missionary that is just what we do. Serving others has brought me more joy than ever doing something for myself. Keep serving and do it with a smile! 

I love you all so much!! Until next week, 
Hermana Cribbs

This was a little note to her brother.... talks about her language skills and the HEAT!.....

Hey little man. yes I am doing great and I am loving the mission. I usually am thinking in Spanish and dream in it too! It is really weird but I love it. I had a baptism like 2 weeks ago with Catalina. Were you able to read the message? It was the greatest experience of the mission. I loved it and really grew from it. I am boiling up all the time here because it is literally so so so hot. I have never experienced heat so terrible like here in Chile before!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One with Accepting God´s Will 10/18/17

The One with Being Bold! 11-8-17

The One with "Being Where My Feet Are"