The One With The Crazy Children!


How is everyone doing? I hope amazing and life is great and filled with joy for everyone. I am writing super early, i know. It is because today for Pday we get to go to the Presidents house and play soccer, eat pizza, and watch Star Wars!!! I am pumped! First I forgot to share last week that for the Zone Conference with one of the 70, I was asked to sing with 3 other missionaries "Nearer my God to Thee". I think it went pretty well even though we messed up at one part and it was pretty awkward... but oh well, whatcha gonna do? LOL. But the Spirit was there and the song overall was beautiful and it was an honor to sing for a servant of the Lord. So this week was on the normal side until something crazy happened! 

So we were walking to a meting with a menos activo and as we were walking we saw these three little girls up ahead. We didnt think anything of it until as we got closer they started to scream at us and they were screaming horrible and nasty things. So once we noticed that they were bad news we tried to cross the street and get away. Then they yelled to us and asked if we were missionaries and told us they loved the church. They were around the ages of 8 or 9 and they looked crazy! They had black and missing teeth, hair was a mess, there clothes were ripped and so dirty, and they had black all over there body with bruises and scratches. They were not in the right mind that is for sure. They kept tugging on my jacket and asked me about my ring. I have never in my life felt the Spirit so strong to get out of a situation. It was the scariest moment in my life because of the feeling I had and so did my comp. I felt cold, and like darkness was in my soul and I was shaking. I don't have words to describe just how I felt. It seriously was like they were taken over by some spirit or something. I have never felt such darkness in my heart. We started to walk away and just ignore them and they started to follow us so we started to run and ran into a store and just stayed in there until they went away. It was terrifying! When we met up with our menos activo, she asked us what was wrong and with tears in our eyes and shaking hands we told her the story. She gave us hugs and fed us some cake and juice to make us feel better like a mom would. It was really sweet and she told us to never talk to children on the street that we were on because they are gypsies. They are trained to rob people and take young girls to their house, after making them feel sorry for them, and then people take them, into human trafficking.  I am so glad we have the Spirit to protect us and warn us when there is danger. After the lesson she offered us a ride home and of course we took it. I am being so literal when I say that I saw Satan in their eyes and I felt like Satan was trying to pull on my clothes. I have never felt darkness like that before, it was awful!

So on a happier and better note, this week had some awesome moments too. This week we had a miracle! We were feeling a little down because earlier in the day all of our lessons with people feel through. We had the prompting to walk down Alejandro Vial and stop at some apartments and do some contacting. The man who opened the door named Joanot asked us who we were and why we had name tags. We talked to him and told him a little bit about the gospel. Then we invited him to the Church at that moment to share a lesson. It was the best lesson! The Spirit was so strong and clear! After testifying is the Book of Mormon he just sat there for a minute and cried. He looked up and said that he had been waiting for such a long time to hear something like this and to feel Gods love. He has been searching for this feeling of the Spirit his entire life and he said he knew all that we taught him was true. He has a small issue with baptism because he has already been baptized but he told us he will think about it and wants to learn more! He also told us that when we came to the apartment complex, something told him to answer the door and he had no idea why. He was feeling extra sad that day and he says that he knows God sent us to him to share this message of Jesus Christ and to talk with him! It was amazing and I know that because we listen to the Spirit and walked down Alejandro Vial, we found a lost soul and we are helping him come to the light, the light of Jesus Christ. 

This week had a moment of terror but also many moments of beauty. I am starting to pretty much understand everything but still working on speaking in normal conversations lol. The Gift of tongues is special. It is when I don't know what a person said and have no idea what the actual word mean but I can understand what they mean and how to help them. That is the "GOT", not being able to all of a sudden be fluent in Spanish
or to understand perfectly what is being said, but to understand what a person meant and how i can help them! It is a special gift and I am so lucky to have it as a missionary! 

I hope you are all happy and have the Spirit with you. It is the best feeling in the entire world and I know it will protect you and give comfort when needed. Until next week, I love you all so much!

Hermana Cribbs


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One with Being Bold! 11-8-17

The One with Accepting God´s Will 10/18/17

The One with "Being Where My Feet Are"