The One when the Children Still my Heart!

AUGUST 9, 2017



Hey Family and Friends,
I hope that you are all happy and smiling away! I certainly am!! This week Chile celebrated "Día de Niño" or Childrens Day! It is a day that they celebrate all of the children, like Mothers Day or Fathers Day! We were invited to do a service project with some children. Well, these children were all children either very poor and who have nothing, beaten, or with problems. It was so sad to see them and my heart just jumped out of my chest and gave them all a huge hug! My comp and I were in charge of painting their faces! We did like a mini party for them and gave them presents and things like that so that they could feel special and loved for Childrens Day. We were able to paint faces and help them out... lets just say that I was in HEAVEN!! It was the best service in the whole world and a definite confimation that I still want to be a teacher. There was one little girl there who was like really attached to me and just my little buddy the whole night! She was really nervous being there so she jsut was by my side the whole time. Se is soooo cute! Also another toddler was with me a lot of the time who seemed to be abused. Her eyes were not very straight and she had a few bruises on her face. It was soo sad! She had a black eye and she really wanted me to paint her face. I tried my best to avoid her eyes but the poor baby could not sit for two seconds with out flinching and saying ow! My heart sunk! and fell to the floor! It was soooo heart wrenching! There were a few children like that.. and once they saw the toys..... it was like the best moment of their lives! They would hold on to their one little toy and jsut stare at it with pure joy. What a humbling and pure moment for me. I always wanted to learn to be humble, well the mission is the greatest place to learn that. These little children, with nothing, changed my heart nad life forever. I will never be the same! The children here in CHile really have my heart. In every ward, my best friends are always the primary heheh because they are just the best! If you ever want to learn about Christ spend a day with Children. They really are the key to Christ. THey are so Christlike and I can really understand why the scriptures always tell us to be like little children. They are an inspiration. 

We also this week we met a new little famiy to teach! It is a mom and her 2 children. Well the little girl who has like 9 years said the opening prayer to the lesson and started to cry!! She said she felt the spirit and got emotional and jsut couldnt hold back the tears. It was sooo cute and such a powerful moment in my mission! ANother reason and example of the importance children have!! I just love them so much!! 

One day my comp and i were wwalking and we nearly got attacked! There are 2 huge, mean, and scary doga that live right by the church! We were walking really fast to a reunion that we had and we were running a little late so we were actualy riunning and the two devil dogs saw us and sprinted towards us barking and growling sooo loud!! We were terrified and turned around to go the other way! We ran into traffic to avoid them! It was actually hilarious and we were fine in the end! But man was I scared, especially since jsut last week an Elder got bit by one of those dogs!! LOL. 

SO this week was really fun and full of spiritual and great moments! I love the mission more and more! It is a one in a life time experence and I would never take it back! I miss you all so much and love you lots! 

Work hard, Pray harder!! 
These were my two favorite little girls that were just with me the whole time!! They are sooo cute!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One with Accepting God´s Will 10/18/17

The One with Being Bold! 11-8-17

The One with "Being Where My Feet Are"