The One with Remembering!

AUGUST 2, 2017

Hello Friends and Family!

This week was one full of hard work and meeting new people to teach! I would like to share a little bit about what I was able to learn this week. The importance and significance of the word "REMEMBER"!  It is something so vital that we have, the gift and ability to remember. As a missionary I am really seeing and realizing the importance of this. The people here that we are sharing the Gospel with, we are not teaching them something new, we are simply reminding them of something that they knew a long time ago, but have simply forgotten. This is the reason that when someone hears the Gospel with an open heart and mind and with the desire to let it change their lives, they say "This feels or sounds familiar" that is because it is. It is something that we have all known forever, before this earth, but some of us have forgotten. That is why I am here in Chile with my name-tag everyday, to help my brothers and sisters REMEMBER. 

There are a few things that is most important that we remember here on this earth and today I would like to talk about my favorite one! Now everyone here knows that my favorite movie is THE LION KING. This movie teaches many valuable lessons and I would like to use it to back me up a little bit here. There is a part in the movie when Simba is going through a hard time and he is not really on the right path. he feels alone and without much purpose or hope. His father, Mufasa tells his something to help him through this trialing time and actually gives him the best advice that he could have given, he says "REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE, YOU ARE MY SON!". This may be the most important thing we can do while we are here on this earth. We must remember that we are children of a loving Heavenly Father. He loves us and is there for us all the time. We must remember that we are children of a King!    After Simba received this great advice from his father, he was able to get back in shape. He REMEMBERED that HE is a son of a KING and that he had much to do. He needed to go back and save his kingdom and family from the evil Scar who was taking over. Now, we may not need to do exactly this, but we are here to fight the adversary to have a happy and safe family!  We all have a very very vital and important purpose here on this earth to accomplish. We may not know what that is until we REMEMBER who we are, just like Simba. Once we know and remember who we are, we seem to have power and more ability to take on the challenges of the world, because we have the help that we need from our loving Father in Heaven. This is something that I really needed to learn for myself. I needed to remember who I was because I too like Simba have been on the wrong path before and needed more guidance. I knelt in prayer and received the best advice from my Father in Heaven, and he said "REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE, YOU ARE MY DAUGHTER!". This advice changed my life around and gave me a knew light and hope to press forward. I challenge and invite all of you to ask yourselves if you know who you are? And is the answer is "No" I challenge you to ask in fervent pray, not to find out, but to REMEMBER and you will be given the same advice from our Father just like Simba and I have. (I just love Disney movies so much!!) 

Well this is what I was able to learn this week and what I wanted to share with you all. I am loving the mission still and the people that we are sharing this beautiful gospel with. I am in my best state and never knew someone could be so happy! I am just radiant with the Saviors love for me and the light that he gives me! 

I love you all so much! 

REMEMBER...... WORK HARD, PRAY HARDER!! 
 


Hermana Cribbs 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One with Accepting God´s Will 10/18/17

The One with Being Bold! 11-8-17

The One with "Being Where My Feet Are"