The One with the Adventures!

AUGUST 16, 2017


This week we had so many adventures! One night we were doing an activity as a Zone and during that time my comp lost her plaque! SHe was sooo sad so we decided that we had to go look for it! We were walking around Chile looking on the ground for about 1 hour! We kept singing hymns and searching everywhere. We may have looked kinda crazy, but that is okay. We then decided to stop and say a really fervent prayer right in the street. We did and then we kept looking and found the back part of the nametag first. It was like a treasure hunt! The entire time we were looking, Hermana Rand kept saying "maybe we could ask the workers of the road, they might have it" and we both just like kept looking and didnt think much of it! After a while and her saying it like 10 times, I actually heard her and said "yeah lets go and ask", so we did and wouldnt ya know.. they had it!!! It was all scrapped and beat up, but we found her plaque and she was so happy! We hurried and said a prayer of thanks to our Father in Heaven for helping us find it in the streets of Chile! This was adventure Number 1.

Then as we are walking in our sector and finding more people to teach, we hear a loud, crying like sound. We go to a huge, tall , red wall and see a cat! The poor thing is stuck up there and couldnt get down. He was crying and obviously scared! We knew we had to help him, well we wanted to. SO we started to look for thing to help him down from the junk yard that was right next to us and we found these long, plastic pipes to help him down, but he didnt want to! SO we started looking for other things. Then an old man was walking and saw the cat too. HE wanted to help him and so us three began to think of idea of how to help him. He suggested that we do like a cheerleading thing and hike my comp up there. We thought it was a great idea so Rand stepped on each of our hands and we hiked her up there. SHe got scared and so we had to let her down, but the stinkin cat was still up there and crying. SO I said that I will will do it. They hiked me up there and I grabbed the cat but its neck hair and threw him on the ground! We were all so happy that the cat was safe! The cute older man´s name was Enrique and was so kind. We wanted to teach him nut he lives very far away, but was super cool. So we named the cat, Enrique! He followed us home so we let him in the house and took so many pictures with him so that we always remember this crazy story! This was Adventure Number 2! 

What a fun and crazy week! This week I was also thinking a lot about Faith! It is so important that we live and act on faith! The stroy with the Miracle Plaque was a test of Faith.  I know it was a small and simple thing, and maybe not that important, but we had to have so much faith to find the plaque. It was important to my comp and I, so I know that because we had so much faith and hope to find it, we did. The mission is a battle field of faith. A close friend once showed me a scripture that now I LOVE in 1st Timothy 6:12 that says "Fight the good fight of faith...". This is so true! I am here, fighting the good fight of faith. I am fighting everyday to help the people here in Chile have more faith in our Savior JEsus Christ. I love it! It is the best fight! 

Well that is all from this week! I love you all and miss you so much!!! 

Work Hard, Pray Harder!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One with Accepting God´s Will 10/18/17

The One with Being Bold! 11-8-17

The One with "Being Where My Feet Are"